[x] Sherry Litasi, President
[x] Sverre Froyen, Vice President
[ ] Dick Matthews, Treasurer
[x] Brooke Mann, Secretary
· Other Members:
[ ] None
A. GENERAL UPDATES
* Sverre will ensure that an insurance certificate is supplied to JeffCo Open Space staff prior to the White Ranch meet.
* We discussed some options for Group Memberships, something we could offer to Scouts, highschool groups, ROTC groups, senior citizen groups, etc. One thing to keep in mind is that, in order to be covered by our liability policy, all meet volunteers must be club members. We did not really reach a definitive conclusion on this topic. It was noted that the demand for group memberships is not high, and it may be more trouble administratively than it's worth (keeping track of the individuals who are part of the group membership, verifying individual member status at meets, etc.). Sverre and Sherry were in favor of issuing membership cards; Brooke questioned the usefulness of membership cards vs. how much time and effort would be required to print them and mail them? would members keep track of them? would we require them at meets, and if so, what if a member forgets or loses his card? what would be the real benefit of a card to anyone but a Group Membership member? etc.
* We discussed the idea of moving our membership database from its current stand-alone Access file to a web-based system that could be accessed anywhere, with custom reports built for Mil (Membership Coordinator), Meet Directors (to print a real-time membership list just prior to each meet), Club Officers (membership totals), etc. Brooke will work with Mil to implement this.
* Sherry has created a new Meet Report form to summarize meet finances and attendance.
* Our current web host, FortNet, does not perform data backups. Brooke currently performs monthly backups, but this may not be sufficient if we start to house OCAD files and our membership database on the web server. Therefore, we decided to consider moving to a fully-supported webhost. ICDSoft, which is the host Brooke uses for the bi-annual Colorado Five Day website, is only $45 per year with great tech support and lots of webmaster-friendly features. Sverre knows how to forward our domain name from its current location to ICDSoft. Brooke will compile an ICDSoft summary proposal for Sverre and Sherry to review. We set a goal for this to happen by July 2006.
* Brooke provided an update on Jason Poole's jersey design process.
* Gordon McCurry sent an email update on the Doudy Draw access discussion hosted by the City of Boulder's Open Space & Mountain Parks Department.
B. MAPPING UPDATES:
* Adam Feerst and Christoph Zurcher are sharing notes about the Bear Creek Lake Park map updates.
* JP Ingebrigtsen is still researching base map sources for Golden Gate Canyon State Park. He found one source that is available digitally -- but our base mapper isn't set up to work with digital data; the base mapper prefers contact diapositives on clear film. Sverre found a vendor online that can transfer the digital data to slides: GammaTek in Albuquerque, NM. Sverre will follow-up with JP about this option. Sherry will also consult the omap@YahooGroups list for advice.