Event Details For:
Score-O, Lunch & Annual Meeting at Columbine Library / Clement Park (Littleton)
Saturday, November 4th, 2017
Meet Director: B. Brooke Mann
Course Setter: B. Brooke Mann
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 10:00 pm MDT on Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
[List of Registered Runners]
RMOC members and non-members are invited to participate. We'd like all members, regulars, and potential members to stay for the lunch & meeting, but if you only want to participate in the Score-O course, that's OK too!
Today's events will consist of:
- a fun Score-O course for all ability levels, at Clement Park in Littleton;
- a catered group lunch at the Columbine Public Library (adjacent to Clement Park in Littleton); and
- the RMOC annual meeting.
10:45 - 11:00 am Registration / check-in and pre-race rules & announcements. 11:00 am Mass Start for Score-O course. One-hour time limit. 12:00 pm Score-O course closes. 12:15 pm Score-O timing ends. 12:15 - 1:00 pm Lunch in Columbine Public Library meeting room. 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm RMOC Annual Meeting in Columbine Public Library meeting room.
In a Score-O course format, the goal is to find as many controls as possible, in any order, within the time limit. Points are deducted from your score if you exceed the time limit.
For today's course, there will be 30 controls worth one point each, and the time limit will be one hour. You will lose one point for each fraction of a minute that you go over the one-hour time limit.
The one-hour Score-O course will use a map of the Clement Park area adjacent to Columbine Library. Participants will write down letters marked in chalk (or on streamers) at each control location, to show which controls they visited.
Bring a pen or pencil to write down the control codes!
RMOC will be providing Qdoba box lunches and beverages for all participants at the annual meeting. If you plan to attend, please indicate your preference for a steak, chicken, or veggie burrito box lunch using the pre-registration form below. You do not need to bring a side dish for the lunch.
RMOC's annual meeting will take place after lunch, from 1:00 to 2:30 pm. If you have topics to add to the meeting agenda, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preliminary agenda items:
- Annual reports from President, VP, Treasurer & Secretary.
- Election of officers -- President & Treasurer.
- Volunteer recognition (Doug).
- Mapping updates / prioritization (JP / Michael).
- 2018 marketing plans (Brooke).
- 2018 training plans (John & Amy).
- 2018 national event hosted by RMOC & LROC in Laramie, WY, 8/29/2018 - 9/3/2018 (Doug).
- Japan orienteering (Galen)
Non-standard meet fees will apply for the Score-O since we won't be using e-punch timing.
- $8 for RMOC members
- $8 for non-members
- $3 for each extra map (for teams)
- $1 compass rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.)
Note that teams only pay one registration fee per team, plus the cost of any extra maps; one map is included in the team registration fee.
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.gov
- Driving Directions: Registration and start / finish will be outside the southwest corner of the Columbine Public Library at 7706 W Bowles Ave in Littleton.
Pre-Registration FormOnline pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2018-10-21 17:23:06