Event Details For:
Corn Maze at Anderson Farms (Erie)
Saturday, September 30th, 2017
Meet Director: B. Brooke Mann
Course Setter: N / A
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 9:00 pm MDT on Friday, September 29th, 2017
[List of Registered Runners]
Weather: Anderson Farms may close if the weather is especially bad. Call the farm's hotline at 303-828-5210 on the morning of the event to get a status report.
- Anderson Farms opens at 9:00 am.
- We'll have one-minute interval starts from ~9:05 am to ~10:15 am.
- We'll record finish times for all runners until 11:00 am. (After that, you're on your own!)
- Join us for a group lunch at the farm at ~11:15 am. We'll grab a table for RMOC folks in the covered seating area. Bring your own picnic lunch or visit one of the farm's food trucks.
Pre-Registration: Please pre-register so we know how many people to expect. Use the form at the bottom of this page.
- Recommendation: Buy your Fall Festival ticket online ahead of time so you can use the shorter entrance line dedicated to online sales when you arrive on Saturday morning.
- Anderson Farms' Fall Festival fees for the Corn Maze are:
- $0 -- Kids age 3 and younger (must be accompanied by an adult)
- $14 -- All others
Note that these fees are per person, not per team. In addition to the Corn Maze, your ticket allows entry to other Fall Festival activities at the farm: hayride to the pumpkin patch, animal acres, pumpkin launching, pedal karts, "redneck rollercoaster", petting zoo, etc. [Fall Festival Details]
- Anderson Farms accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. (No personal checks.) An ATM is available at the farm.
- You only have to pay the farm's entrance fee; RMOC does not charge anything for this event.
- The farm staff will give you a maze map when you pay at the entrance gate. The map is roughly oriented to magnetic north.
- On the map, the solid lines (not the voids) are the trails.
The control circles on the map are tiny; bring along your glasses or magnifier if that's something you typically use.
- The maze has three color-coded loops that all start and end in the same area just east of the main farm yard. Each loop has six controls. You may visit the controls in any order. The winner will be the person who gets all 18 controls in the fastest time. (We'll also record results for people who choose to only do one or two of the three loops.)
- The maze has wooden markers as controls (see photo below). Check the number on the control against your map and punch in the correct box OR write down the letter code on the card attached to each post.
- You must stay on the designated trails; you are not allowed to short-cut through the corn.
- In the area where the trail is shown going over a bridge, you must go over the bridge rather than around it (even if there are "unofficial" trails around the bridge).
- The maze includes eight miles of trail over a 30-acre area. The Anderson Farm staff says it takes most people about two hours to complete all three sections of the maze. (Last year's winner at our event did it in about 25 minutes.)
- The paths through the maze are hard-packed dirt, but they're lumpy and uneven and sometimes muddy. Proceed with caution.
- There will be kids and families moving slowly through the maze. Please be courteous.
Maze Pathway (solid lines on map):
- There are porta-potties and hand-washing stations at the farm.
- There are several food vendors at the farm: ice cream, kettle corn, BBQ, roasted nuts, etc. [Concession Details]
2011 Video by Adam McFarren:
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.org
- Driving Directions: Please refer to the Anderson Farms web site for a map and directions.
Pre-Registration FormOnline pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2018-01-19 20:33:56