Meet Director: Jim Baker
Course Setter: Jim Baker
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: Doug Berling
Pre-Registration Deadline: 10:00 pm MDT on Thursday, March 16th, 2017
General Information: Mueller State Park has sixty miles of trails on twenty square kilometers, as well as awesome views and a nice visitor center with bathrooms. The terrain and views are beautiful.
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration is required for this meet. Use the form at the bottom of this page. The pre-registration deadline is 10:00 pm on Thursday, March 16th.
Beginners: Beginners are welcome to participate at this event! In fact, this will be a great event for orienteering beginners, since all controls will be located on trails.
Basic Beginner Orienteering Instruction will be available at 11:30 am; ask at the Registration table.
Reminder -- For safety reasons, you must report to the Finish by 2:00 pm even if you don't complete your course.
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm||· Registration and Starts for all orienteering participants. (You may register and start anytime during this period.) Register at the white Chevy Volt in the parking lot.|
|2:00 pm||· All courses close. For safety reasons and out of consideration for the event volunteers, you must return to the Finish by 2:00 pm even if you haven't completed your course.|
Courses: This event will have a "Score-O" format: find as many controls as possible, in any order, within the two-hour time limit. You can do a few kilometers or twenty+, as you like. Be sure to look up at the control points; many have views or ruins. Even the view from the Visitor Center parking is worth coming for.
· The map will be the park's standard black-and-white topographic trail map, overprinted with the course and descriptions, 11"x17". It's a good quality map, though at a greater degree of generalization than a typical orienteering map.
· Controls will be marked on the map with red circles; in the terrain, controls will be identified with orange and white flags.
· All controls and orienteering will be on trails, even if the description is "south of pond", "ruin", "potato ditch northeast end", etc.
· Trails 19 and 22 are closed due to septic construction, and will be marked with purple X to indicate forbidden route.
· All trails are available for travel on foot; a few narrow trails forbid horse riding and bicycling. If horse riding or bicycling, please note these trails on the map before starting.
· There won't be any water or refreshments on any of the courses, so plan to bring your own (CamelBak, water bottle, etc.).
· All participants are required to stay on trails for this event.
Event Fees: Our standard meet fees will apply; please refer to the table below.
Note: Mueller State Park requires a $7-per-vehicle entry fee or an annual Colorado State Parks pass.
|RMOC Member||All Ages||Score-O||$11.00|
|Non-Member||Junior (under 18)||Score-O||$11.00|
|Adult (18 and over)||Score-O||$15.00|
|E-Punch Discount (if you have your own -- where to buy)||– $3.00|
|Extra Maps (for teams)||$3.00|
|Extra Courses (same person doing multiple courses on the same day)||$5.00|
|Compass Rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.)||$1.00|
|Safety Whistle Purchase||$1.00|
Note: Teams only pay one registration fee per team (plus the cost of any extra maps they want; one map is included in the team registration fee).
Volunteers: Please contact RMOC President Doug Berling if you can help out at the meet -- email. If you volunteer, you can still complete a course. The following roles need to be filled:
Note that there is a $7-per-vehicle park entrance fee, or you may use your Colorado State Parks pass. [Park Information]
Current date and time: 2017-06-27 01:00:27