Meet Director: Volunteer Needed
Course Setter: Jim Baker
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: Volunteer Needed
Pre-Registration Deadline: 10:00 pm MDT on Thursday, March 16th, 2017
General Information: Mueller State Park has sixty miles of trails on twenty square kilometers, as well as awesome views and a nice visitor center with bathrooms. The trails are not track-set, but hikers and snowshoers tend to pack most of the trails fairly quickly after a snowfall, and sometimes skiers make tracks on some trails. The terrain and views are beautiful.
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration is required for this meet. Use the form at the bottom of this page. The pre-registration deadline is 10:00 pm on Thursday, March 16th.
Beginners: Beginners are welcome to participate at this event! In fact, this will be a great event for orienteering beginners, since all controls will be located on trails.
Basic Beginner Orienteering Instruction will be available at 11:30 am; ask at the Registration table.
Reminder -- For safety reasons, you must report to the Finish by 2:00 pm even if you don't complete your course.
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm||· Registration and Starts for all orienteering participants. (You may register and start anytime during this period.) Register at the white Chevy Volt in the parking lot.|
|2:00 pm||· All courses close. For safety reasons and out of consideration for the event volunteers, you must return to the Finish by 2:00 pm even if you haven't completed your course.|
Event Fees: Our standard meet fees will apply; please refer to the table below.
Mueller State Park requires a $7-per-vehicle entry fee or an annual Colorado State Parks pass.
|RMOC Member||All Ages||Score-O||$11.00|
|Non-Member||Junior (under 18)||Score-O||$11.00|
|Adult (18 and over)||Score-O||$15.00|
|E-Punch Discount (if you have your own -- where to buy)||– $3.00|
|Extra Maps (for teams)||$3.00|
|Extra Courses (same person doing multiple courses on the same day)||$5.00|
|Compass Rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.)||$1.00|
|Safety Whistle Purchase||$1.00|
Note: Teams only pay one registration fee per team (plus the cost of any extra maps they want; one map is included in the team registration fee).
Volunteers: Please contact RMOC President Doug Berling if you can help out at the meet -- email. If you volunteer, you can still complete a course. The following roles need to be filled:
Courses: This event will have a "Score-O" format: find as many controls as possible, in any order, within the two-hour time limit. All controls will be located on trails.
· Snowshoes will be the recommended mode of travel for this event. You may also consider XC skis (no formal tracks), riding a fatbike, hiking in regular shoes, or horseback. Trails are usually packed, so only the more remote trails may require breaking trail, and then only soon after a snowfall.
· All trails are available for snowshoeing or walking; a few narrow trails forbid skiing, horse riding, and bicycling. If skiing, horse riding, or bicycling, please note these trails on the map before starting.
· The map is a black and white topographic trail map that the park provides free to all visitors. It's good quality though at a greater degree of generalization than a typical orienteering map.
· Controls will be marked on the map with red circles; in the terrain, controls will be identified with orange and white flags.
· There won't be any water or refreshments on any of the courses, so plan to bring your own (CamelBak, water bottle, etc.).
· All participants are required to stay on trails for this event.
· The online pre-registration deadline for this meet is: 10:00 pm MDT on Thursday, March 16th, 2017.
· After you submit the registration form, use the "List of Registered Runners" link (below) to double-check your registration status.
· If you need to make a change to your registration information, send an email to the webmaster.
· Teams who will be doing a course together only need to submit the entry form one time for the team. If you need to register additional family members or friends who will be doing the course separately, enter them separately.
Current date and time: 2017-02-20 15:24:15