Event Details For:
Score-O, Lunch & Annual Meeting at Westminster City Park (Westminster)
Saturday, November 10th, 2018
Meet Director: Doug Berling
Course Setter: John Crowther
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 2:00 pm MDT on Thursday, November 8th, 2018
[List of Registered Runners]
RMOC members and non-members are invited to participate. We'd like all members, regulars, and potential members to stay for the lunch & meeting, but if you only want to participate in the Score-O course, that's OK too!
Today's events will consist of:
- a fun Score-O course for all ability levels, at Westminster City Park;
- a catered group lunch at the Westminster Recreation Center (classroom #1); and
- the RMOC annual meeting.
10:45 - 11:00 am Registration / check-in and pre-race rules & announcements. 11:00 am Mass Start for Score-O course. One-hour time limit. 12:00 pm Score-O course closes. 12:15 pm Score-O timing ends. 12:30 - 1:15 pm Lunch at Westminster Recreation Center (classroom #1), 10455 Sheridan Blvd. 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm RMOC Annual Meeting at Westminster Recreation Center (classroom #1), 10455 Sheridan Blvd.
In a Score-O course format, the goal is to find as many controls as possible, in any order, within the time limit. Points are deducted from your score if you exceed the time limit.
For today's course, there will be 40 controls worth one point each, and the time limit will be one hour. You will lose one point for each fraction of a minute that you go over the one-hour time limit.
The one-hour Score-O course will use a map of Westminster City Park. The terrain is mostly grassy lawns and rough open with some paved areas. Note that Big Dry Creek goes across the map; you should only cross the creek at marked crossing points (bridges).
Control locations will not be marked with flags or chalk. Instead, at each control location, there will be a question which should be easy to answer if you're in the correct location. The answers are all numbers, either to be copied from a sign, or to count the number of something.
Bring a pen or pencil to write down the control numbers / answers!
The Score-O has a limit of 25 participants.
RMOC will be providing Qdoba box lunches and beverages for all participants at the annual meeting. If you plan to attend, please indicate your preference for a steak, chicken, or veggie bowl or burrito box lunch using the pre-registration form below. You do not need to bring a side dish for the lunch.
Online registration has closed since we have a 25-person limit for the Score-O. But, if you'd like to attend the lunch & meeting, please send me your meal preference -- steak, chicken, or veggie bowl or burrito.
RMOC's annual meeting will take place after lunch, from 1:15 to 2:45 pm. If you have topics to add to the meeting agenda, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preliminary agenda items:
- Annual reports from President, VP, Treasurer & Secretary.
- Election of officers -- Vice-President & Secretary.
- Volunteer recognition (Doug).
- Mapping updates / prioritization (Doug).
- 2020 National Event? (OUSA Masters Nationals / Classic)
Non-standard meet fees will apply for the Score-O since we won't be using e-punch timing.
- $8 for RMOC members
- $8 for non-members
- $3 for each extra map (for teams)
- $1 compass rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.)
Note that teams only pay one registration fee per team, plus the cost of any extra maps; one map is included in the team registration fee.
- Local Weather Forecast: Weather Underground
- Driving Directions:
* The Score-O start/finish will be at the location shown HERE. This is north of the recreation center, and there should be plenty of parking.
* The lunch & annual meeting will be at Westminster City Park Recreation Center, Classroom #1, 10455 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster, CO.
Pre-Registration FormOnline pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2019-07-21 07:08:35