Event Details For:
Corn Maze at Rock Creek Farm (Broomfield)
Saturday, October 13th, 2018
Meet Director: B. Brooke Mann
Course Setter: N / A
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 8:00 pm MDT on Friday, October 12th, 2018
[List of Registered Runners]
Event Status: Rock Creek Farm may close if the weather is especially bad or if the maze is muddy. Call the farm's hotline at 303-465-9565 on the morning of the event to get a status report.
Pre-Registration: Please pre-register so we know how many people to expect for the morning and evening events. Use the form at the bottom of this page to pre-register.
We will cancel the night option if we don't have at least 10 people pre-registered by noon on Friday, 10/12/2018.
Schedule: Rock Creek Farm is open from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. Last admission is at 9:00 pm.
Allow plenty of time, so you can be sure to arrive during the start window specified below! Traffic gets backed up and it can take a while to turn left into the farm entrance from northbound Highway 287 (suggestion: approach the farm entrance heading southbound on Highway 287 from Dillon Road or Northwest Parkway). Also, you'll need to buy the corn maze map at the ticket booth adjacent to the maze.
Day Night Starts (at one-minute intervals) 9:15 am - 10:15 am 7:00 - 7:30 pm Course Closes* 11:30 am 8:45 pm
*We'll record finish times for all runners until 11:30 am. After that, you're on your own!
- General admission to the farm is FREE.
- Rock Creek Farm's fees for the Corn Maze are:
- $0 -- Kids under age 4 (must be accompanied by an adult)
- $7 -- Kids age 4 to 11 (must be accompanied by an adult)
- $10 -- Age 12 and older
- Rock Creek Farm accepts cash, checks, and money orders -- no credit cards.
- Note that these fees are per person, not per team. And, you only have to pay the farm's corn maze fee; RMOC does not charge anything for this event.
- The farm might post discount coupons HERE.
- The farm staff will give you a maze map when you pay at the ticket booth. The map is roughly oriented to magnetic north.
- On the map, the solid lines (not the voids) are the trails.
The control circles on the map are tiny; bring along your glasses or magnifier if that's something you typically use.
- The maze has three loops that all start and end in the same area. Each loop has six controls. You may visit the controls in any order. The winner will be the person who gets all 18 controls in the fastest time. We'll also record results for people who choose to only do one or two of the three loops.
- The maze has wooden markers as controls (see photo below). Check the number on the control against your map and punch in the correct box OR write down the letter code on the card attached to each post.
- You must stay on the designated trails; you are not allowed to short-cut through the corn.
- The maze includes five total miles of trail over a 30-acre area. The farm staff says it takes most people about two hours to complete all three sections of the maze; however, last year's winner at RMOC's competitive corn maze event did it in about 25 minutes.)
- The paths through the maze are hard-packed dirt, but they're lumpy and uneven and sometimes muddy. Proceed with caution.
- There will be kids and families moving slowly through the maze. Please be courteous.
Maze Pathway (solid lines on map):
- There are porta-potties, hand-washing stations, and picnic tables adjacent to the maze entrance.
- There might be food trucks or food vendors at the farm (TBD).
2011 Video by Adam McFarren:
- Local Weather Forecast: Weather Underground
- Driving Directions: Please refer to the Rock Creek Farm web site for general directions. After you enter the farm, follow signs west and north to the corn maze parking area.
Pre-Registration FormOnline pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2019-02-19 22:41:56