Event Details For:
Rocky Mountain State Games at Fox Run Regional Park (Colorado Springs)
Saturday, July 21st, 2018
Meet Director: Doug Berling
Course Setter: Neal Barlow
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: Doug Berling
Since RMOC is hosting this meet on behalf of the Rocky Mountain State Games, please note that the FEES, SCHEDULE, and COURSE / CLASS CATEGORIES for this event will be different from a typical RMOC local meet.
Also -- the schedule on the RMSG page is incorrect for the registration times; this is the schedule we'll be following:
9:30 am to 11:30 am Registration & Starts. 10:00 am Basic beginner instruction. 2:30 pm All courses close at 2:30 pm. (We'll start picking up control flags at 2:30 pm. Out of consideration for the meet volunteers, please check in and download at the Finish no later than 2:30 pm even if you haven't completed your course.)
Volunteers: Please add your name to the Volunteer Sign-up Sheet HERE if you can help before or after you complete your course. We need the usual roles to be filled: Set-up, Registration, Beginner Instruction, Starts, E-Punch Crew, and Control Pick-up.
FREE RMSG T-SHIRTS TO VOLUNTEERS!
Courses: This meet will offer standard Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced courses. You can find an explanation of the orienteering course color scheme at our FAQs page.
- The Beginner courses (White and Yellow) will be suitable for Beginners of all ages -- kids, adults, families, etc.
- Competitive participants must register and complete their course as an individual.
- Recreational / non-competitive participants may register and complete their course as either an individual or a team. (Teams of just two or three people work better than large teams.)
- Adults may register for a younger age group category if they want to run a course that's longer than the one designated for their actual age (e.g. a 35-year-old male can register for the M20+ category rather than M30+, in order to run Blue instead of Red).
- Juniors may register for an older age group category if they want to run a course that's longer than the one designated for their actual age (e.g. a 14-year-old female can register for the F-19 category rather than F-15, in order to run Orange instead of Yellow).
Final Course Details:
Course Length Length (km) Climb (m) Competitive Age Groups Beginner White Very Short 2.2 70 F-12, M-12 (age 12 & under) Yellow Short 2.6 90 F-15, M-15 (age 15 & under) Intermediate Orange Medium 3.6 120 F-19, M-19 (age 19 & under)
Advanced Brown Short 2.3 60 F70+, F80+, F90+
Green Medium 4.6 150 F30+, F40+, F50+
Red* Long 7.6 270 F20+
Blue** Extra-Long 9.7 330 M20+
*Red course = Orange + Green, with map exchange.
**Blue course = Brown + Orange + Green, with map exchange.
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.gov
- Driving Directions:
From Interstate 25: Take exit 158, Baptist Road. Go east on Baptist Road; go south on Roller Coaster Road; go west on Stella Drive. Park entrance will be on the north side of Stella Drive. Follow orange and white "O" signs to the parking area.
Note: Parking is not allowed along the sides of the roads in the park -- only in the designated parking areas.