Event Details For:
Score-O, Lunch & Annual Meeting at Westminster City Park (Westminster)
Saturday, November 9th, 2019
Course Setter: Doug Berling
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Meet Equipment: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 1:00 pm MDT on Friday, November 8th, 2019
[List of Registered Runners]
RMOC members and non-members are invited to participate. We'd like all members, regulars, and potential members to stay for the lunch & meeting, but if you only want to participate in the Score-O course, that's OK too!
Today's events will consist of:
- a fun Score-O course for all ability levels;
- a group lunch at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse; and
- the RMOC annual meeting.
Schedule: Our Score-O registration / start / finish area will be at Promenade Terrace (southeast of the Westin hotel).
9:45 - 10:15 am Registration / check-in and pre-race rules & announcements. 10:15 am Mass Start for Score-O course. One-hour time limit. 11:30 am Score-O timing ends. 12:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch & RMOC Annual Meeting at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse.
There *might* be portable toilets at our registration / start / finish area at Promenade Terrace.
In a Score-O course format, the goal is to find as many controls (checkpoints) as possible, in any order, within the time limit. Points are deducted from your score if you exceed the time limit.
For today's course, there will be approximately 40 controls worth one point each, and the time limit will be one hour. You will lose one point for each fraction of a minute that you go over the one-hour time limit.
The one-hour Score-O course will use a map of Westminster City Park. The terrain is mostly grassy lawns and rough open with some paved areas. Note that Big Dry Creek goes across the map; you should only cross the creek at marked crossing points (bridges).
Control locations will not be marked with flags or chalk. Instead, at each control location, there will be a question which should be easy to answer if you're in the correct location.
Bring a pen or pencil to write down the control numbers / answers!
RMOC will be providing a buffet lunch for all volunteers and participants at the annual meeting, at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse. If you plan to attend, please indicate your preference for a meat or veggie meal using the pre-registration form below.
The buffet lunch will offer two entrees (deep dish ziti pasta and veggie penne) plus salad, dessert, and beverages. Each adult will be given two drink tickets for your choice of beer or wine.
THANK YOU to Kathleen Brennan for doing all the legwork to plan our lunch!
RMOC's annual meeting will take place during our lunch, from 12:00 to 2:00 pm. If you have topics to add to the meeting agenda, please send an email to email@example.com.
Preliminary agenda items:
- Annual reports from President, VP, Treasurer & Secretary.
- Election of officers -- President, Vice-President & Treasurer.
- Volunteer recognition (Doug).
- 2020 National Event
Non-standard meet fees will apply for the Score-O since we won't be using e-punch timing.
- $0 (free) for 2019 volunteers; donations gladly accepted to cover map printing costs.
- $8 for everyone else.
- $3 for each extra map (for teams).
Note that teams only pay one registration fee per team, plus the cost of any extra maps; one map is included in the team registration fee.
- Local Weather Forecast: Weather Underground
- Driving Directions:
* Our Score-O registration / start / finish area will be at Westminster City Park. Parking is just south of the Recreation Center building, which is the southernmost of the two main buildings at this park (the other building is the fitness center). Bathrooms are available inside the Rec Center as you enter the building from the south. Our Score-O start and finish will be just to the southwest of the building entrance. Park as available in the south lot or overflow to the next lot to the west (closer to the baseball fields). [Google Map]
* The lunch & annual meeting will be at the Broomfield Community Center, 250 Spader Rd, Crawford meeting room. [Google Map]
Online pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2022-12-06 14:37:58