Event Details For:
Orienteering Meet at Camp Tahosa (Ward)
Saturday, September 14th, 2019
Meet Director: B. Brooke Mann
Course Setters: Yves Nager, Doug Berling & Michael Rounds
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinators: Jeremy Mollison & Mark Stuemky
Pre-Registration Deadline: 1:00 pm MDT on Friday, September 13th, 2019
[List of Registered Runners]
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration is required for this meet. Use the form at the bottom of this page. (Note: Large groups have a special pre-registration process; send an email to the webmaster for details.)
New for RMOC Members: Expedite meet check-in with a year-long waiver. [Details]
Beginner Instruction: Basic Beginner Instruction will take place at 1:00 pm in the vicinity of the Registration table. When you register, let a volunteer know that you would like Beginner Instruction.
Volunteers: Please add your name to the Volunteer Sign-up Sheet HERE if you can help before or after you complete your course. We need the usual roles to be filled: Set-up, Registration, Beginner Instruction, Starts, E-Punch Crew, and Control Pick-up, as well as Water & Snacks.
12:30 pm to 2:00 pm Registration and starts. (You can register and start at any time during this window. Start early if you want to try multiple courses, or if you expect to take a long time on your course.) 1:00 pm Basic Beginner Instruction will be offered at 1:00 pm in the vicinity of the Registration table. 4:00 pm All courses close at 4:00 pm. (We'll start picking up controls at 4:00 pm. Out of consideration for the meet volunteers, please check in and download at the Finish no later than 4:00 pm even if you haven't completed your course.)
Courses: This meet will offer standard Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced courses. You can find an explanation of the orienteering course color scheme at our FAQs page.
- The Beginner courses (White & Yellow) will be suitable for Beginners of all ages -- kids, adults, families, etc.
- Notes from Michael Rounds, Course Setter: "We took the original courses and cut them in half. And then we shortened them again. And again. We think everyone can finish in less than three hours now (estimated 90 minutes on each of the advanced courses). Leg protection is highly recommended."
Length Course Length (km) Beginner Very Short White 2.0 Short Yellow 2.5 Intermediate Medium Orange 2.8 Advanced Short Brown 3.7 Medium Green 4.3 Long Red 5.6
Event Fees: Our standard meet fees will apply. Please refer to the table below.
- We accept cash and checks payable to "RMOC".
- School groups can use our "Request for Invoice" form to be billed after the meet.
Status Age Course Type RMOC Meet
RMOC Member All Ages All Courses $11.00 Non-Member Junior (under 21) All Courses $11.00 Adult (21 and over) Beginner (White & Yellow) $11.00 Intermediate & Advanced $15.00 E-Punch Discount (if you have your own -- where to buy) – $3.00 Extra Maps (for teams) $3.00 Extra Courses (same person doing multiple courses on the same day) $5.00 Compass Rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.) $1.00 Safety Whistle Purchase $1.00
Note: Teams only pay one registration fee per team (plus the cost of any extra maps they want; one map is included in the team registration fee).
- Local Weather Forecast: Weather Underground
- Driving Directions: Take CO 119 (Canyon Blvd.) west from Boulder to Nederland. Take CO 72 north for 14 miles to County Road 96. Turn left and go 0.2 miles. Follow signs to parking.
Update 9/9/2019: There's construction in Boulder Canyon reducing it to one lane, alternating traffic. Alternate routes:
* Take Coal Creek Canyon to get to Highway 72.
* OR, continue north past Boulder and take Lefthand Canyon; however, there's a charity bike ride in Lefthand Canyon on Saturday from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, and there's also one section of Lefthand Canyon in Ward that's one lane, alternating traffic. Either allow extra time or avoid Lefthand Canyon.
* OR, go through Lyons, then southwest back to highway 72, and then south to Camp Tahosa.
Pre-Registration FormOnline pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2019-09-16 06:35:04