Event Details For:
Sprint Training at Inspiration Point (Denver, CO)
Monday, August 19th, 2019
Meet Director: Amy Winston
Course Setter: John Crowther
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 12:00 pm MDT on Monday, August 19th, 2019
[List of Registered Runners]
Event Details: This event will consist of two Sprint-style orienteering practice courses on a new map created by John Crowther.
* Sprint #1: 1.6 km.
* Sprint #2: 1.5 km.
* This will be a bare-bones event: each course will be self-timed; results will not be recorded or published; and beginner instruction will not be offered.
* Even though we won't be offering beginner instruction, this will be a beginner-friendly event in an open, urban park setting.
* Pre-registration is required by 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday, 8/19. Use the form at the bottom of this page.
* Control locations will be marked with streamers.
* Prepare for the near-record heat! Bring your own CamelBak or water bottle (there will not be any water on the courses or at the start / finish).
* There's a porta-potty at the park, near our meet-up location. Otherwise, the nearest bathrooms are probably in Berkeley Park, southeast of I-70 and Sheridan.
* Check in and get your maps between 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm. (If you're late and John isn't around, look for maps on the windshield of his maroon 4Runner).
There's a Broncos game at 6:00 pm; plan your drive time and route accordingly, to account for traffic.
* John will start picking up the streamers at 7:30 pm, and he would appreciate help with pick-up (think of it as extra training! and remember that this event is free). :-)
* Join us afterwards at Call to Arms Brewing / Mas Kaos Pizzeria + Taqueria.
Entry Fee: This practice event is free. However, if you would like to make a donation to help defray map printing costs, that would be welcome and appreciated. RMOC accepts cash and checks payable to "RMOC". John accepts IPAs and vegetarian pizzas. :-)
- Local Weather Forecast: WeatherUnderground.com
- Driving Directions: See the Google Maps link below. Enter off Sheridan; there is parking on the west side of the road.
Online pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2019-10-15 03:53:05