Event Details For:
Orienteering Meet (TENTATIVE) at Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch (Elbert)
Saturday, October 12th, 2019
Meet Director: Volunteer Needed
Course Setter: Volunteer Needed
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: Volunteer Needed
Pre-Registration Deadline: 1:00 pm MDT on Friday, October 11th, 2019
[List of Registered Runners]
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration is required for this meet. Use the form at the bottom of this page. (Note: Large groups have a special pre-registration process; send an email to the webmaster for details.)
New for RMOC Members: Expedite meet check-in with a year-long waiver. [Details]
12:30 pm to 2:00 pm Registration and starts. (You can register and start at any time during this window. Start early if you want to try multiple courses, or if you expect to take a long time on your course.) 1:00 pm Basic Beginner Instruction will be offered at 1:00 pm in the vicinity of the Registration table. 4:00 pm All courses close at 4:00 pm. (We'll start picking up controls at 4:00 pm. Out of consideration for the meet volunteers, please check in and download at the Finish no later than 4:00 pm even if you haven't completed your course.)
Courses: This meet will offer standard Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced courses. You can find an explanation of the orienteering course color scheme at our FAQs page.
- The Beginner courses (White and Yellow) will be suitable for Beginners of all ages -- kids, adults, families, etc.
Beginner Instruction: Basic Beginner Instruction will take place at 1:00 pm in the vicinity of the Registration table. When you register, let a volunteer know that you would like Beginner Instruction.
Event Fees: Our standard meet fees will apply. Please refer to the table below.
- We accept cash and checks payable to "RMOC".
- School groups can use our "Request for Invoice" form to be billed after the meet.
Status Age Course Type RMOC Meet
RMOC Member All Ages All Courses $11.00 Non-Member Junior (under 21) All Courses $11.00 Adult (21 and over) Beginner (White & Yellow) $11.00 Intermediate & Advanced $15.00 E-Punch Discount (if you have your own -- where to buy) – $3.00 Extra Maps (for teams) $3.00 Extra Courses (same person doing multiple courses on the same day) $5.00 Compass Rental (collateral required -- car keys, driver's license, etc.) $1.00 Safety Whistle Purchase $1.00
Note: Teams only pay one registration fee per team (plus the cost of any extra maps they want; one map is included in the team registration fee).
Volunteers: Please add your name to the Volunteer Sign-up Sheet HERE if you can help before or after you complete your course. We need the usual roles to be filled: Set-up, Registration, Beginner Instruction, Starts, E-Punch Crew, and Control Pick-up, as well as Water & Snacks.
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.gov
- Driving Directions:
· From the North (Denver or Castle Rock): Take I-25 south to the Founders Parkway exit in Castle Rock. Follow Founder's Parkway east and then south to Highway 86. Go east on Highway 86 for ~20 miles, through the towns of Franktown and Elizabeth. Just as you approach the town of Kiowa, turn right (south) onto Elbert Road. Continue on Elbert Road for approximately 12 miles until you reach Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch. Look for signs on the east side of the road for the main Scout Ranch, or on the west side for the Magness facility.
Note #1: A more direct route is to take Road 17 south out of Elizabeth, Road 106 east to Elbert, and then Elbert Road south to Peaceful Valley. Road 17 and Road 106 have sparse signage, so use this route at your own risk.
Note #2: The 30-35 mph speed limit in Elizabeth and Kiowa is aggressively enforced...
· From the Northern Side of Colorado Springs: From I-25, take the exit for Interquest Parkway. Go east on Interquest and it will become Highway 83 heading north. Go north on Highway 83 for eight miles to Hodgen Road. Turn right and go eight miles to Eastonville Road. Turn right and go a short distance south to Sweet Road. Turn left onto Sweet Road and go approximately two miles to Elbert Road. Turn left and go 13 miles north on Elbert Road to Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch. Look for signs on the east side of the road for the main Scout Ranch, or on the west side for the Magness facility.
· From Central Colorado Springs: From I-25, take Highway 24 northeast to Elbert Road. Take Elbert Road north for approximately 20 miles until you reach Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch. Look for signs on the east side of the road for the main Scout Ranch, or on the west side for the Magness facility.
· From the East Side of Colorado Springs: From the junction of Highways 24 and 94 north of the Colorado Springs Airport, go east on Highway 24 for 13.6 miles through Falcon to Elbert Road (barely marked with a small green sign). Turn left onto Elbert Road and continue north for approximately 20 miles to Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch. Look for signs on the east side of the road for the main Scout Ranch, or on the west side for the Magness facility.
· The online pre-registration deadline for this meet is: 1:00 pm MDT on Friday, October 11th, 2019.
· After you submit the registration form, use the "List of Registered Runners" link (below) to double-check your registration status.
· If you need to make a change to your registration information, send an email to the webmaster.
· Teams who will be doing a course together only need to submit the entry form one time for the team. If you need to register additional family members or friends who will be doing the course separately, enter them separately.
Current date and time: 2019-07-16 00:24:24