Event Details For:
Training Course at Bear Creek Greenbelt (Lakewood)
Monday, June 1st, 2020 - Thursday, December 31st, 2020
Meet Director: N / A
Course Setter: Sverre Froyen
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
General Information: THANK YOU to Severre Froyen for creating a set of three Sprint training courses at the Bear Creek Greenbelt map he has created for RMOC.
The courses are loaded in the UsynligO app. UsynligO ('InvisibleO' in Norwegian) is a GPS-based smartphone app that makes orienteering courses available without flags to mark the control points. The app vibrates and makes a sound when you have found the control point location. Beginners can ask the app for hints (direction and distance).
* Download the app HERE.
* Read the app configuration requirements HERE.
* Launch the app and tap "UsynligO Events" to search for Bear Creek Greenbelt.
* Tip from Attackpoint: set the punching radius to 25m and the minimum accuracy to 100m.
You must load the courses into the app while you still have cell service, even if you're using a printed paper map. Once you start a course, the app only requires GPS (not cell service) to track your location.
* Please complete RMOC's 2020 online waiver before starting the Camp Elim course.
* Please abide by all state & local guidelines related to COVID-19.
* If you want a paper map, find it using your browser HERE or use the UsynligO app to download and print (tap map name, "Tap Here for the Map", and then tap the share icon to send the PDF file to your email or printer).
- Local Weather Forecast: Weather Underground
- Driving Directions: Park next to the Stone House at 2900 S Estes St in Lakewood.