Event Details For:
☀ Ongoing UsynligO Training Course at White Ranch (Golden)
Monday, June 1st, 2020 - Thursday, December 31st, 2020
Meet Director: N / A
Course Setter: JP Lande
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
General Information: THANK YOU to JP Lande for setting up last year's Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced training courses from White Ranch in the UsynligO app.
UsynligO ('InvisibleO' in Norwegian) is a GPS-based smartphone app that makes orienteering courses available without flags to mark the control points. The app vibrates and makes a sound when you have found the control point location. Beginners can ask the app for hints (direction and distance).
* Download the app HERE.
* Read the app configuration requirements HERE.
* Launch the app and tap "UsynligO Events" to search for White Ranch.
* Tip from Attackpoint: set the punching radius to 25m and the minimum accuracy to 100m.
You must load the course(s) into the app while you still have cell service, even if you're using a printed paper map. Once you start a course, the app only requires GPS (not cell service) to track your location.
* Please complete RMOC's 2020 online waiver before starting a course.
* Please abide by all state & local guidelines related to COVID-19.
* If you want a paper map, find it using your browser HERE or use the UsynligO app to download and print (tap map name, "Tap Here for the Map", and then tap the share icon to send the PDF file to your email or printer).
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.gov
- Driving Directions: From Highway 93, 1.4 miles north of the intersection with US Highway 6 in Golden, turn west at the Golden Gate State Park / White Ranch turnoff (Golden Gate Canyon Road). Proceed 3.7 miles, then turn right (north) at the sign directing you to White Ranch (Crawford Gulch Road). Drive about 4 miles, turn right at another White Ranch sign (Belcher Hill Road), then continue about 1.5 miles to the park entrance. Pass the initial parking area on the left and continue another quarter-mile to the main parking area.
If the main lot is full, park at the smaller lot on the north side of the road. If that lot is also full, parallel-park along the north side of the road. DO NOT park along the south side of the road.