Event Details For:
Buzzard-O Map Evaluation & Training at Evans Park (Elizabeth)
Saturday, November 27th, 2021
Meet Director: Troy Bozarth
Course Setter: Troy Bozarth
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Come scavenge the remnants of Turkey Day and help evaluate a new sprint map spanning two parks in nearby Elizabeth!
This free training event will have a one-hour Score-O format with a mass start at 11:00 am sharp. Please plan to arrive by 10:30 am to allow enough time for check-in, Meet Director's instructions, map hand-out, etc.
· This will be a very bare-bones, minimally-staffed event using control stands each bearing a confirmation code to write down (no e-punching).
· Bring your own water, snacks, and a pen or a pencil.
· We will not be taking payments of any kind.
· Orienteers of all levels will be welcome! Galen will be offering extremely basic, compass-free beginner instruction at 10:15 am. Given the size of the map and the amount of detail (in most areas), we are not planning to provide loaner compasses at this time.
· Pre-registration is required. To pre-register, send an email to Galen at email@example.com no later than 11:59 pm MDT on Thursday, 11/25/2021.
**PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE WAIVER AT LEAST TWO DAYS BEFORE COMING TO THIS TRAINING EVENT.** The link to the 2021 waiver can be found HERE.
It is our hope that this map will be used by RMOC for an annual Buzzard-O event as well as for at least one or two comprehensive beginner training events each year. All feedback about the map, the terrain, and the use of the map for training and an annual Buzzard-O event will be most welcome.
Troy Bozarth, Meet Director & Course Setter
Galen Moore, Mapper & Feedback Seeker
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.org
- Driving Directions: Take Highway 86 to Elizabeth and go north on Road 17 for a quarter mile. Evans Park is on the west side of Road 17 across from the LDS church. Park in the main lot. The start location will be on the west side of the main park building.