Event Details For:
☀ Ongoing UsynligO Training Course at Fox Run Regional Park (Colorado Springs)
Friday, January 1st, 2021 - Friday, December 31st, 2021
Meet Director: N / A
Course Setter: Galen Moore
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
General Information: THANK YOU to Galen Moore for creating a set of Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced training courses at RMOC's Fox Run map.
The courses are loaded in the UsynligO app. UsynligO ('InvisibleO' in Norwegian) is a GPS-based smartphone app that makes orienteering courses available without flags to mark the control points. The app vibrates and makes a sound when you have found the control point location. Beginners can ask the app for hints (direction and distance).
* Download the app HERE.
* Read the app configuration requirements HERE.
* Launch the app and tap "UsynligO Events" to search for Fox Run.
* Tip from Attackpoint: set the punching radius to 25m and the minimum accuracy to 100m.
You must load the course(s) into the app while you still have cell service, even if you're using a printed paper map. Once you start a course, the app only requires GPS (not cell service) to track your location.
* Please complete RMOC's 2021 online waiver before starting the course.
* Please abide by all state & local guidelines related to COVID-19.
* If you want a paper map, find it using your browser HERE or use the UsynligO app to download and print (tap map name, "Tap Here for the Map", and then tap the share icon to send the PDF file to your email or printer).
Course Notes from Galen Moore:
* Start and finish are near Pavilion 4 in the south central part of the map. UsynligO will give you driving directions to the start / finish location.
* The Beginner (White) course is straightforward, but also offers a trail-bound route choice around a pond. 1.5 km.
* The Intermediate (Orange) course is somewhat advanced; there are always trail options, but they are almost always a lot longer than the straight option. Every control has a catching feature and/or a very obvious attack point and/or is obvious in itself. 3.1 km.
* Advanced (Green) course legs generally qualify as advanced legs, but Iíve erred toward very obvious features as controls. 5.3 km.
* All courses: be careful crossing roads and parking lots.
- Local Weather Forecast: NOAA.gov
- Driving Directions:
From Interstate 25: Take exit 158, Baptist Road. Go east on Baptist Road; go south on Roller Coaster Road; go west on Stella Drive. Park entrance will be on the north side of Stella Drive.
Note: Parking is not allowed along the sides of the roads in the park -- only in the designated parking areas.