Event Details For:
Corn Maze at Rock Creek Farm (Broomfield)
Saturday, October 15th, 2022
Course Setter: N / A
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: N / A
Meet Equipment: N / A
Pre-Registration Deadline: 11:59 pm MDT on Friday, October 14th, 2022
[List of Registered Runners]
Pre-Registration: In addition to buying your Rock Creek Farm admission tickets online, please pre-register below so we know how many people to expect. Use the form at the bottom of this page to pre-register.
Schedule: Rock Creek Farm opens daily at 9:00 am.
Allow plenty of time, so you can be sure to arrive during the orienteering start window specified below! Traffic gets backed up and it can take a while to turn left into the farm entrance from northbound Highway 287 (suggestion: approach the farm entrance heading southbound on Highway 287 from Dillon Road or Northwest Parkway). Also, you'll need to buy the corn maze map at the ticket booth adjacent to the maze.
* Starts (at one-minute intervals) will take place from 9:15 am to 9:45 am.
* We'll record finish times until 11:00 am. After that, you're on your own!
We'll have prizes for the fastest male, female, and team, for both adults and juniors (under 21).
- General admission to the farm is $6.00 per person.
- In addition to the farm admission fee, Rock Creek Farm's fees for the Corn Maze are:
- $0 -- Kids under age 4 (must be accompanied by an adult)
- $7 -- Kids age 4 to 11 (must be accompanied by an adult)
- $10 -- Age 12 and older
- Note that these fees are per person, not per team. And, you only have to pay the farm's fees; RMOC does not charge anything for this event.
- The farm staff will give you a maze map when you pay at the ticket booth adjacent to the maze entrance. The maps are usually roughly oriented to magnetic north.
- On the map, the solid lines (not the voids) are the trails.
The control circles on the map are tiny; bring along your glasses or magnifier if that's something you typically use.
- The maze has three loops that all start and end in the same area. Each loop has six controls. You may visit the controls in any order. The winner will be the person who gets all 18 controls in the fastest time. We'll also record results for people who choose to only do one or two of the three loops.
- The maze has wooden markers as controls (see photo below). Check the number on the control against your map and punch in the correct box.
- You must stay on the designated trails; you are not allowed to short-cut through the corn.
- The maze includes five total miles of trail over a 30-acre area. The farm staff says it takes most people about two hours to complete all three sections of the maze; however, previous years' winners at RMOC's competitive corn maze events finished in about 25 minutes.
- The paths through the maze are hard-packed dirt, but they're lumpy and uneven and sometimes muddy. Proceed with caution.
- There will be kids and families moving slowly through the maze. Please be courteous.
Maze Pathway (solid lines on map):
Farm Information:There are porta-potties, hand-washing stations, and picnic tables adjacent to the maze entrance.
2011 Corn Maze Video by Adam McFarren:
Event Status: Rock Creek Farm may close if the weather is especially bad or if the maze is muddy. Call the farm's hotline at 303-465-9565 on the morning of the event to get a status report.
- Local Weather Forecast: Weather Underground
- Driving Directions: Rock Creek Farm is located at 2005 South 112th Street, Broomfield, CO. After you enter the farm, follow signs west and north to the corn maze parking area.
Online pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2024-02-28 19:26:25