Event Details For:
Ski-O & Snowshoe-O at Snow Mountain Ranch (Granby)
Saturday, February 25th, 2023
Course Setter: Odd Bersvendsen
Course Vetter: N / A
E-Punch Coordinator: Volunteer Needed
Meet Equipment: Doug Berling
Pre-Registration Deadline: 10:00 pm MDT on Friday, February 24th, 2023
[List of Registered Runners]
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration is strongly encouraged for this meet. Use the form at the bottom of this page. The pre-registration deadline is 11:59 pm on Thursday, February 23rd.
RMOC Members Only: Expedite meet check-in with a year-long waiver for 2023. [Details]
Beginners: This will be a great event for orienteering beginners, since it'll mostly be on trails.
Basic beginner orienteering instruction will take place at 10:00 am and 10:30 am in the vicinity of the Registration table. When you register, let a volunteer know that you would like Beginner Instruction.
Volunteers: Please add your name to the Volunteer Sign-up Sheet if you can help before or after you complete your course. We need the usual roles to be filled: Set-up, Registration, Beginner Instruction, Starts, E-Punch Crew, and Control Pick-up.
10:00 am - 1:00 pm · Registration will be at the Legget Lodge in conjunction with the Barneløpet event (this is *not* the same building as the Nordic Center). 10:00 am & 10:30 am · Beginner orienteering instruction. 3:00 pm · All courses close. For safety reasons and out of consideration for the event volunteers, you must return to the Finish by 3:00 pm even if you haven't completed your course.
We'll offer three courses for XC skiers: Short (2.6 km), Medium (4.5 km), and Long (8.5 km). These courses will have the standard point-to-point format where you find all the controls, in the order specified on the map, and results are ranked by finish time.
We'll also offer one course for snowshoes (4.1 km).
These are straight-line distances, so they actually could be 1.5x or more longer.
· Skiers may use classic XC skis or skate skis, both of which can be rented at the Snow Mountain Ranch Nordic Center. [Rental Details]
· There won't be any water or refreshments on any of the courses, so please bring your own (CamelBak, water bottle, etc.).
· You are allowed to ski & snowshoe off trail.
A Nordic Center trail pass will be required.
You are invited to stay and use the Nordic Center's trails for the rest of the day after you complete your orienteering course.
- Driving Directions:
- Take I-70 West.
- Exit #232 / US 40 West towards Granby / Empire.
- Drive through town of Berthoud Falls and over Berthoud Pass.
- Drive through towns of Winter Park, Fraser and Tabernash.
- Look for brown sign, "Ski Area Ahead".
- Turn into Snow Mountain Ranch / YMCA of the Rockies entrance on left hand side of road.
- Follow "Sons of Norway" and "Orienteering" signs to the Start / Finish / Registration area.
Online pre-registration has closed, but you can still participate. Please register when you arrive at the meet. You may have to draw your course on a blank map.
Current date and time: 2023-10-02 19:21:56