Mini-Rogaine Training Event at Devil's Thumb
Saturday, November 4th, 2006 -- Colorado
There was a large turnout on Saturday with participants enjoying mild temperatures and dry terrain for this challenging rogaine-style training event. The secluded start/finish area was a wonderful setting from which to embark on a three-hour journey through forested slopes, across open fields, and past rocky ridge tops.
Orienteers of all abilities came out for the event, including many of the top adventure racers and ultra runners. Remarkably, four finishers found all 25 controls. The route sequences for several of them are listed below.
All participants were rewarded with tasty snacks at the finish area, and about half of us regrouped at a local brew pub to relive stories of burly climbs, beautiful scenery, and tricky route choices. Thanks to all who participated and to those who helped out.
-- Gordon McCurry
Control Sequence for three of the top finishers:
· A : S-34-25-32-36-61-37-51-53-52-14-38-30-31-39-71-40-44-62-42-33-46-45-43-22-27-F
· B : S-22-43-33-42-62-44-40-71-39-31-27-30-38-53-51-37-32-36-61-46-45-34-25-52-14-F
· C : S-27-30-38-31-39-40-71-62-42-33-43-44-22-34-45-46-36-32-61-51-37-53-25-52-14-F
Lost & Found:
- Ball cap;
- Two compasses; and
- One two-way radio.
Contact Gordon if any of these items belong to you: email.
Gordon prepared some special analyses of the results; see the second and third worksheet tabs in the "Detailed Results Spreadsheet" linked below.
- If you did not pay for your map at the registration desk in the parking lot on Saturday, please send a check payable to "RMOC" to our Treasurer: Rich Gostenik, 3804 E Long Pl, Centennial CO 80122. The map fees were per individual or team for RMOC members, and per individual or team for non-members.
· Course Setter: Gordon McCurry · Meet Director: Gordon McCurry · Control Setting: Gordon McCurry, Nancy Hobbs · Registration: B. Brooke Mann, Nancy Hobbs · Starts: Gordon McCurry · Finish Timing: Gordon McCurry, Nancy Hobbs · Control Retrieval: Bart Miller, Gordon McCurry, Kyle Peter, Lisa Seaman, Nancy Hobbs
- Please send an email to the webmaster if your name is misspelled or missing in the results or the volunteer list.
- Draw your route in [ RouteGadget ].
- View the [ Photo Gallery ] from this event.
- View the [ Detailed Results / Splits ] for this event.
|1||Rich Kelly||M||02:48:00||920 net points.|
|2||Mark Gibbard||M||02:54:03||920 net points.|
|3||JP Ingebrigtsen||M||02:54:50||920 net points.|
|4||Jason Poole||M||02:57:35||920 net points.|
|5||Mike Kloser||M||02:58:30||900 net points.|
|6||Juri Peepre||M||03:00:10||890 net points.|
|7||Bart Miller||M||02:42:20||860 net points.|
|8||Stephen Price||M||02:59:20||810 net points.|
|9||Dougald MacDonald||M||02:56:19||800 net points.|
|10||Pete Swenson||M||02:55:20||790 net points.|
|11||Troy Bozarth||M||02:55:02||780 net points.|
|12||Sverre Froyen||M||02:59:25||760 net points.|
|13||Adam Feerst||M||02:59:03||720 net points.|
|14||Scott Powell||M||02:50:30||710 net points.|
|15||Ken Lotze||M||02:51:00||660 net points.|
|16||Iona MacKenzie & Adam Chase||T||02:58:44||660 net points.|
|17||Jeff Kunkle & Eric Dec||T||03:00:10||660 net points.|
|18||Ryan Ognibene||M||02:55:28||650 net points.|
|19||Bob Lehman||M||03:00:10||640 net points.|
|20||Anne Chapman||F||02:49:00||620 net points.|
|21||Mike Hakanson||M||02:57:35||610 net points.|
|22||Deborah Doyle & Valerie Hovland||T||02:52:05||570 net points.|
|23||Bob Ellis||M||02:57:35||560 net points.|
|24||B. Brooke Mann||F||02:53:44||550 net points.|
|25||Graham Barnes & KD Leka||T||02:43:25||530 net points.|
|26||David Goldstein||M||02:55:50||530 net points.|
|27||Christoph Zurcher||M||01:47:00||520 net points. In early; injured ankle.|
|28||Roger Truesdale||M||02:56:36||520 net points.|
|29||Brian Landis & Todd Chavanne||T||02:57:35||520 net points.|
|30||Anita Brattland||F||02:49:50||500 net points.|
|31||Brendan White||M||02:57:00||500 net points.|
|32||Virginia Lehman||F||02:05:20||460 net points.|
|33||Chad Mueller, Steve Daniel & Lara Daniel||T||02:48:16||460 net points.|
|34||Carol Johnson||F||02:59:03||450 net points.|
|35||Ali Rockwell||F||03:09:00||450 net points.|
|36||Lisa Seaman||F||02:53:03||440 net points.|
|37||Maiya Anderson||F||03:01:40||440 net points. Started 40 minutes late.|
|38||Lori Welsh||F||02:44:30||420 net points.|
|39||Kathy Landis, Shannon Boyle, Mike & Christy Holloway||T||02:44:50||420 net points.|
|40||Mike Ely||M||02:52:10||420 net points.|
|41||Tiffany Cap & Katie Goodwin||T||02:29:06||410 net points.|
|42||Mike Dieck||M||03:00:58||400 net points.|
|43||Piers Blyth||M||02:42:45||360 net points.|
|44||Sarah Locke||F||02:43:00||360 net points.|
|45||Dmitriy & Alex Zamoshchin||T||01:59:50||350 net points. In early.|
|46||Angela Treiterer||F||02:53:12||320 net points.|
|47||Deb Obermiller||F||02:53:12||320 net points.|
|48||Jessica Kelly||F||02:21:00||290 net points.|
|49||Sheryl Lehman||F||02:21:00||290 net points.|
|50||Joe Britton, Aaron Hirsh & Nolan Amy||T||03:12:00||280 net points.|
|51||Mark Norford||M||02:58:14||270 net points.|
|52||Michael, Amy & Flanders Lorton||T||02:58:30||230 net points.|
DNF = Did not finish (one or more controls missed)
MSP = Mispunched (one or more incorrect controls)
OVT = Overtime